So what are some ways to start slimming down, getting a little toned and getting the heart and lungs to start working better together. One way is just to start moving, especially if you have been dormant during this winter time. I do have to say, the winter here in Portland, Oregon has been pretty mild, so we did get a little lucky in that sense! But we are here to give you a quick jump start to slimming down, getting fit and staying that way throughout the sunny season.
1. Start reducing your intake of processed foods and fill your plate with more GREEN!
2. Make sure you are drinking enough water throughout the day, because when you are dehydrated, your body will hold onto fluids. Remember, water is the best diuretic.
3. Increase your movement! Start out with walking 10K steps by using your pedometer on your phone or other device you have.
4. If you are going to drink alcohol, do it during the happy hour times so you have time to actually burn those calories off. If you eat, drink and go to bed, it may just get stored as fat.
5. Once you get in a rhythm or walking, running or doing your weight lifting routine, start to pick up the intensity to you are pushing yourself out of your comfort zone.
6. Learn the practice of active rest when you are exercising. Meaning, if you are doing a weigh-lifting exercise, rather than just standing while you rest, do jumping jacks, push-ups, abs or even a core exercise. You want to keep moving so you get the most out of your exercise.
The last part, pushing yourself can be very challenging for a lot of individuals and if you feel like this is something you need help with, either find a great workout or exercise partner to workout with or hire a local Portland personal trainer in your area and get their expertise.
Portland Oregon Personal Trainer
Most Recent Exercies Articles
- Portland Personal Trainer | Summer Is Coming
- Personal Trainer Portland | Exercises for a Surfer | Surf Training
- Workout Foods | Portland Personal Trainer | What To Eat Before A Workout
- Personal Training | Stretching the IT Band | Sciatic Pain
- Portland Personal Trainer | Paleo Diet | Low Carb Diet | Oregon