It’s easy to find ourselves getting into a routine. We get comfortable, and see no reason to change. However, what if we did invite a little change into our life? Would we welcome it with delight, or run screaming in the other direction. There’s no way to know unless we actually get out of our comfort zone and test it out. Here are some ways to to break out of your norm from yout personal trainer Portland Oregon.
1. Put yourself in the public eye. You might prefer to be an observer rather than the entertainment, but push yourself to feel the adrenaline rish. Sing kareoke at your local bar. Head to dinner by yourself, leaving yourself open to meeting new people and strike up new conversations. Voice your opinion at a town meeting. Allow yourself to be seen and heard.
2. Try something new. You may laugh at your friends that spend their free time knitting, gardening, or pickling, but have you ever given it a shot? It’s easy to avoid things we’ve never tried, but getting yourself involved in something completely foreign to you may land you a new hobby.
3. Do something that scares you. Does the thought of sky diving, bungee jumping, or white water rafting send chills up your spine? Don’t let your fear get the best of you. If there’s something you’ve been wanting to try but haven’t mustered up the courage to do it, grab a friend to give you the encouragement you need. Holding yourself back out of fear will only leave you having regrets.
4. Expan your horizons. This could include trying out new foods other than your traditional American fare. Try some French cuisine or even a wine that’s different from your usual. Travel somewhere you’ve never been rather than your favorite vacation spot that you go to every year.
Most Recent Exercies Articles
- Portland Personal Trainer | Summer Is Coming
- Personal Trainer Portland | Exercises for a Surfer | Surf Training
- Workout Foods | Portland Personal Trainer | What To Eat Before A Workout
- Personal Training | Stretching the IT Band | Sciatic Pain
- Portland Personal Trainer | Paleo Diet | Low Carb Diet | Oregon